background

the withers family four

the withers family four
....the withers family four...

Sunday, August 20, 2017

quiltmaker's gift...

Hello! My name is Nesha. I felt like I had better introduce myself, since it has been almost 3 months since I have blogged or added new pictures to our blog. I am sorry about that...
I am going to gradually catch up and tell you all about why we have been gone for so long.
Before I begin, here is a looooong uncomfortable hug to show you how sorry we have been {insert hug here}.
Okay, now that we have gotten that out of the way, here is where we left off the last time you checked in....
SOPHIA'S THIRD GRADE MUSICAL
Sophia was fortunate to be cast as the Quiltmaker in the musical, "The Quiltmaker's Gift".   
 
The funny thing is that during their dress rehearsal at school, I went to find Sophia to take her picture. I did not even recognize her with her make-up and costume on. I actually walked by her because I did not even recognize her! 
the friday cast 

"quilting" 


the quiltmaker would not share her quilts with the greedy king, so he banished her to an island...

the greedy king finally understands what TRUE happiness means...
the quiltmaker and the king become friends (this is when they sang a duet)

tristan. jude. sophia. cora. brianna
(classmates from mrs. macemon's class)

sophia received the "Quiltmaker's Gift" from her family for her birthday. we thought it would be nice to have everyone in her class sign the inside of the book as a special memento of their musical together. 
sophia and mrs. macemon 
sophia's locker sign 
sophia.elle 
sophia.lydia
it was a wonderful musical with a beautiful message. If you have not read the book before, we highly recommend it!
on to our next adventure - end of the school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment